Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

2000 Dodge Intrepid: I replaced the trunk lock cylinder..wont engage

Customer Question

I replaced the trunk lock cylinder in my 2000 Dodge Intrepid and now the trunk won't engage to close - any idea why?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name is Mark. Please, realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me......

Most likely the latch has flipped over to the close position and this will not allow it to latch around the striker.

Put the key in the lock cylinder and turn it as though you are opening it, and then flip the latch back the other way to the open position and this will allow you to latch the trunk again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
UPON BETTER INSPECTION IT APPEARS THAT THE WHITE PLASTIC "THINGY" THAT PULLS THE RELEASE IS NOT LONG ENOUGH WHEN I RE-ATTACHED IT SO IT THEREFORE STAYS IN A PARTIALLY OPEN POSITION. HOW DO I CORRECT THIS?
Can you upload a pic of the "thingy" so I can see what you're referring to?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

sorry, I am not very familiar with mechanical terms. I thought all you mechanics knew what "thingy" meant (lol). I will snap a photo of it and upload it later today

Wendy :)

Ok.