sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Recent diagnostic test revealed codes 700 and dogde trunk

Customer Question

Recent diagnostic test revealed codes 700 and 750 on my transmition to my Dogde trunk indicating transmition system control malfunction and malfunction in seleniod (A) in transmition is it possible to make my own repair with replacement of parts,
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is Jeff and I am here to try and assist your with your question. Yes not a bad repair to replace the solenoid. For instructions on removing the solenoid click HERE for instructions on removing the valve body click HERE
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do you have pictures of the parts associated with Dodge Dakota Transmission Parts for the sileniod pressure switch, converter clutch, LR/CC Sileniod, Converter Clutch Control Valve and Converter Clutch Switch Valve. This info would enable me to successfully make the repair needed to restore operability of transmission. I'm finding difficulty procuring the parts needed to make repair could you provide parts listing by part number? Note: Dodge Dakota Fualt emmission Codes are 0700 & 0750 for V-8 engine 4.7 VIN-N, Please provide info requested. Thanks for your prompt attention and cooperation. Do not hesitate to call if nessasary.

Micah A. Furse Sr.

Quality Assurance Supervisor

BAE Systems NSR

US Navy Cruiser Programs

Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Sorry no information on that. I will send your request to the others here on the site and see if they can help
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm standing by waiting answer to previous request!

In addition, does the Torch Converter Lock Sileniod Switch engages the (T/C) Torch Converter as its swifts at varing gears changes (i.e. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd)? I noticed while driving my Dodge Dakota that the Torch Converter stayed engaged throughout the shifting of gear speeds and did not disengage from clutch. Is this the normal operation of the Torch Converter Clutch sileniod?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is a new expert.

Out of curiosity I was wondering why you were looking for information the solenoid switch valve, etc?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dodge Dakota engine type V8 4.7 VIN-N; I'm currently expericing transmission emmission fualt codes indicating 0700 & 0750 that reference transmission malfunction and Sileniod Pressure Switch Type A. (PROBLEM GEAR SHIFTING AND TORCH CONVERTER CLUTCH LOCKED/ENGAGED). The purpose for additional info is to make my own repairs to transmission with the info you (online experts provide). Can you help? or is this online expert assistance is just another gimmick or sceme to hussle honest hard working citizens/consumers out of money? By now I should have recieved positive answers from all previous questions. The bottom line can you help me?

Micah A. Furse Sr

Yes I can help you, and that's what I'm trying to do. The rest of the things you asked about are irrelevant to your problem, that's why I asked. You have a P0750 set, which is for the low/reverse solenoid control circuit. This is an electrical problem, not related to any of the other things you were last asking about. Possible causes for this code would be the solenoid, lack of voltage to the solenoid pack from the trans relay, an open or short on the control wire, or the TCM. Almost always this is caused by a bad solenoid and the solenoid pack would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What does this part look like (sileniod pack), the part cost range and where is it located in the transmission? I will purchase this part today, is there a part reference number for the sileniod pressure switch or pack part? The 0700 code is caused by what transmission malfunction? What other parts would you recommend inspecting and/or replacing in my transmission?

I greatly respect/appreciate your technical expertise and experience, to include promptly responding to my questions.

The solenoid pack is mounted on top of the valve body, as seen in the service information links above.

P0700 sets when there is any fault code set in the trans controller. P0700 is just informational and doesn't point to a problem.

The solenoid pack part number is 05170877AF and it runs $327.