Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Dodge Durango SLT 2002 dodge durango wont start and the fuel

2002 dodge durango wont start and the fuel gauge wont move and theres no fuel on the rail
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
Hello!

Are you saying that the engine cranks over and does not start or that it does not crank over at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the engine cranks over but will not start
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
The first thing to do is to be sure the computer is awake. Turn the key on and check reference voltage to the tps, cam and crank sensors. If there is full reference voltage, check to be sure the ASD relay is engaging when trying to start the engine and that there is power to the injectors and coil/coils when cranking. IF there is no power to the injectors or coil when cranking and the ASD relay is not engaging, then we might have a bad cam or crank sensor (or a valve timing issue).

If there is no reference voltage to these sensors with the key on, then the computer might not be waking up. We will need to check all powers and grounds going into the computer with the key on. This includes, all powers through the computer fuses, fusible links and even the ignition switch.

Hint: Sometimes the cam and crank sensors can short out and pull the computer down temporarily. If all powers and grounds check out and we still do not have any reference voltage to the cam, crank or the tps, then disconnect them one by one with the key on to see if the reference voltage comes back. If so, then one of the sensors is bad and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i stareted the vehicle and noticed the fuel gauge waasent moving turned the swithch back off then turned it back on and the fuel gauge came back reading fuel then it started and while driving keep dieing i made it home and now it wont start at all and there is no fuel in the fuel rail
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
Right.. I understand...

You need to run these tests in order to figure out what is going on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what is the tps and the ads relay
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 years ago.
The tps is the throttle position sensor and the ASD relay is the auto shut down relay
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector