TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER
Experience:  DODGE SERVICE MANAGER- 20 + YEARS
6531745

Dodge Durango 01 Durango 4x4, No service 4wd comes on, no

01 Durango 4x4, No service 4wd comes on, no lights on the switch, all 12v+ are present and all grounds in order, New TCCM and theres no 5v output from the tccm to switch or position sensor. I've gotten 2 TCCM's from the dealer and the problem persists.

TIM :

Please try to access the CTM, if you cannot access the CTM then this may be the source of the problem that you have with the TCCM. The thing to note that the TCCM/XCM (transfer case module) is dependent on the CTM for the IGNITION KEY SWITCH bus message. If TCCM never received this message the TCCM will have a NO RESPOSNE and the TCCM will not work, also the indicator light will not light up either. The TCCM will act like it is totally dead (non responsive) even though you have the power and ground and bus.

Customer:

I get access to the CTM from the scanner, do you want me to look for a PID for the Ign Switch bus message? make sure it recieves it?

Customer:

PID on KEY IN IGNITION says YES, theres a code on the CTM for ROM CheckSum error. I erase it , but it comes right back.

TIM :

then the CTM is faulty--will need to replace,tim

Customer:

Is there a way I can make sure is the ctm?

TIM :

we just did by the fault code that you have in it

Customer:

I will go ahead and replace the unit, do you know if they are interchangeagble between durangos and dakotas?

Customer:

Once i get it working i will submit the payment, thank you

Customer:

Just got an Identical part # XXXXX from a local salvage yard, and 4WD works again. Thank yiou so much for your help.