Tom
Tom, ASE Master Certified
Experience:  Chrysler Level 3 Technician, Chrysler Training Instructor
20300296

1995 dodge ram 1500: a good vacuum at the other settings..air only

I have a 1995 dodge ram 1500. The heat & air work, but only at the feet level. There seems to be a good vacuum at the other settings, but air only flows at feet.

Tom :

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help the best I can. I may need to ask questions to better understand your concern. Let me know anything and everything that you have checked to save us both some time. Thanks.

Tom :

There is a vacuum supply liine that is under the hood towards the passenger side. It hooks into the manifold and has some small plastic lines are are common for cracking and breaking.

Customer:

not sure if there is enough vacuum to activate change or if it operating properly. Saw a plunger move, but it didn't change

Customer:

Not sure if I am getting enough vacuum, saw plunger change but air flow remained at feet

Tom :

check the picture that I posted the line also has a check valve that could be bad as well. Normally when it is stuck in the floor vent only that is the default setting when vacuum is lost to the head unit.

Tom :

The lever that you see moving may just be the temp blend door which is electric

Tom :

sorry not electric, it's just a mechanical cable