brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

Replacing a water pump on a 07 6.7 cummins do I have to remove

Replacing a water pump on a 07 6.7 cummins do I have to remove radiator
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. No the radiator does not need to be removed.

1. Disconnect battery negative cables.
  2. Drain cooling system.
  3. Disconnect ambient air temp sensor electrical connector and mass airflow sensor electrical connector (if equipped).
  4. Remove turbocharger inlet tube and air filter housing.
  5. Remove alternator assembly.
  6. Remove the accessory drive belt.
  7. Remove water pump mounting bolts.
  8. Remove water pump.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
replaced water pump,got belt back on,but charge light and engine light is on..belt came off whille driving but was not running long after belt came off, so it did"nt get hot or run long enuff to lose battery power. Also slow to start like it is air in fuel line.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ALSO HOW DO YOU RESET COMPUTER FOR "SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT"?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Do you have any codes from the check engine light?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
NO JUST THE CHARGE LIGHTING BOLT AND THE ENGINE LIGHT AND IT SAYS SERVICE REQUIRED AND SEE DEALER
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Follow the example below and see if you get any codes:

you can get the codes from your vehicle with out a scan tool! Simple turn the key on and off three times and do not crank the engine. The last time the key is turned on leave it in the on position and watch the odometer. The key cycles will look like this: ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON and the codes will look like this:

In this example using a 2008 Dodge truck we got the codes P0171 and P0174 after the last code is displayed you get the message done:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK p0335/0336/0642/061C
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
These are codes for the crank sensor and cam sensors.......mostly the crank sensor. Make sure the sensors and the wiring going to these sensors are good as when the belt came off it may have damaged them
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
WHERRE ARE THESE WIRES LOCATED?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Both at the left front of the engine......down by the crank pulley
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,