brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

Have no cold air blowing when ac is on...dash..engaging

Have no cold air blowing when AC is on. Light on dash is working, system has 33lbs of pressure but AC pump is not engaging. Worked last year great. Tried for first time this spring and no cold air. Where should i look next? Is there a relay for this?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. Is this pressure reading on the high side or low side? With the compressor working ornot working? Engine running or not running?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It was on the low side and engine was not running and compressor was not engaging
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a reading for the high side and if not can you check that?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have the fitting to check pressure on the high side. We have also noticed that we cant turn the hub on the front of the compressor and we can on other similar trucks, does that mean i have a compressor problem?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Yes the hub should turn and the pressure should be higher than it is. The compressor may be all the problem or may also have a leak but will need to get the compressor problem corrected first then see how it works