sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge Durango SLT 2006 durango wont start. All the lights

2006 durango won't start. All the lights come on, the radio comes on, but when I try to turn the ignition, I hear a buzzing noise and feel a vibration
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Where does the noise and vibration seem to come from?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Under the hood, but it is hard to locate. I turned the car odd for 5 minutes, and it would not re-start.
Is it sort of a rapid loud clicking noise that comes from under the hood the hold time you hold the key in the crank position?

Do you have a digital voltmeter we could use to do some testing?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Under the hood, but it is hard to locate. I turned the car off for 5 minutes, and it would not re-start. Yes it is a rapid lound clicking noise, and no I do not have a digital voltmeter.

The first thing you'll want to do is try jump starting it if possible. It sounds like the noise is coming from the starter, this noise is a characteristic of very low battery voltage at the starter.

If a jump start works then you'll need to have the battery load tested, which most parts stores will do for free.

Jump starting isn't always reliable, and if it doesn't work then you'll need to remove the battery and have it load tested and then replaced if necessary, or some electrical testing would need to be done to determine it's condition, or to determine what is wrong if the battery does test ok.