jeepmopar76, Dodge/Chrysler Triple Master Tech
Experience:  32 yr ASE Master Tech,9 yr Chrysler Master Tech, 13 years Dodge dealership service

2005 Dodge: dually..crew cab..5.9 cummins..Power steering pump went

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 dually crew cab with a 5.9 cummins and straight shift. Power steering pump went out and was replaced a couple of months ago. This was done because it would not steer half of the time. It recently started locking the brakes down while driving down the road. It was taken to an independent mechanic and all brake calipers were changed. This worked for 3 or 4 weeks and this week the brakes locked down again and it slid off the side of the road. Took to dodge dealership and they drove it around for a few days before it did this with them. They said it had a foreign contaminent in the brake system and the entire system needs to be changed. Are they correct or just lost and trying to cover it?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Denny; now let me see if I can help you with your Dodge question.

They are lost. This is called blanket coverage. if they replace everything, they are sure to fix it.

Take it somewhere else, as they are not even trying to get to the root of the problem.