Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

2003 Dodge Ram 1500: w/manual transmission..slave cylinder..disengage

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 3.7 w/manual transmission. I have replaced the clutch, pressure plate, slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder. The problem I'm having is I think that I still have air in the line because the clutch will not disengage. There is no bleeder screw and have bled it according to the instructions that came with the clutch master cylinder. When under the truck with the slave cylinder removed and holding it with my hands I can almost keep the rod from moving with just my strength-which leads me to believe there is still air in the system somewhere. If there is any other way of bleeding this system please let me know or if you think that it might be something else. Thanks, Vance
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name is Mark. Please, realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me......

Dodge sells the master cylinder, slave cylinder and the fluid line all as one piece.......and many aftermarket companies are starting to do that as well simply because this system is not designed to be bled and the parts should be replaced as one whole unit..........it comes with fluid and everything and requires nothing else but installation.

Surprisingly, it is not that expensive either, so I would suggest you go this route.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Did you have a follow up question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I do not have a follow up question. I thought my first question was pretty straight forward in the fact that I needed to know how to bleed the system and you did not answer that, you just suggested I spend more money on another slave and master. Fortunately for me I did not have to go and buy another whole system from dodge as you suggested and waste that money since I already had $200 in brand new parts as I stated in my original post by saying that I had ALREADY replaced the slave and master cylinder. Luckily I was able to find someone that COULD tell me how to bleed the system. So no there is no follow up question.