Richard, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.

1993 dodge caravan: PCM..part date..10/93 and the vin

I need to replace the PCM on a 1993 dodge caravan 3.3 and the label on the top of the unit is faded to the point I acnt read the part number. the build date is 10/93 and the vin is 1b4gh44r4rx175845. Can anyone help find the correct one from this information.
Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name isXXXXX realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me......

Is this an AWD van?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no this van is the standard FWD, it is however the overdive version if that makes any differnce
It turns out Chrysler no longer sells this, so I will have to opt out and pass this question back to the others.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Are you looking for part numbers so you can purchase a used PCM with the same part number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes or any of the after market rebuilds, i just need to know if the pcm specific part number can be found from the vin and/or build date info, there nseems to be more than one option for that year
I will look up the part number, give me a few minutes!

Here are all the part numbers that will work on your van. The first number is XXXXX original number and it changes up 6 times. Here are the numbers(NNN) NNN-NNNN(NNN) NNN-NNNN(NNN) NNN-NNNN(NNN) NNN-NNNN(NNN) NNN-NNNN(NNN) NNN-NNNNA & R4887182AA.

If you get a used PCM it can be anyone of those numbers and if you get a reman PCM from your local parts store, you will likely have to provide those numbers so you can order the correct one.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When you say "changes", what does that mean, are all these valid part numbers for the specific PCM I need? Thanks, Jeff

The first number is XXXXX original number and when Chrysler makes a change to the PCM software to improve something they change the part number up to a different number and the old number can no longer be ordered. This PCM was changed up 6 times and the last number will have all the improvements in it. If you get a used PCM, it can have any of the numbers I mentioned and will work fine!

Thank you,

Richard, Dodge Technician
Experience: Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.