Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Dodge Dakota 2001 dodge dakota flasher & turn signals dont

2001 dodge dakota flasher & turn signals don't work most of time
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer. Let me see if I can help you with this. This is most likely caused by a failing combination flasher. I think I know where it is on this truck, but let me research this and confirm it's location. I will be right back asap.

Chris
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I called a parts store and they could not find a flasher listed
Expert:  Chris replied 5 years ago.

Well there is one. It is called the "combination flasher" Here is the information on how to remove it. Maybe if you take the old one to the parts store they can match it up for you.

Chris

REMOVAL
WARNING: ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AIRBAGS, DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY STEERING WHEEL, STEERING COLUMN, SEAT BELT TENSIONER, OR INSTRUMENT PANEL COMPONENT DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. DISCONNECT AND ISOLATE THE BATTERY NEGATIVE (GROUND) CABLE, THEN WAIT TWO MINUTES FOR THE AIRBAG SYSTEM CAPACITOR TO DISCHARGE BEFORE PERFORMING FURTHER DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. THIS IS THE ONLY SURE WAY TO DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM. FAILURE TO TAKE THE PROPER PRECAUTIONS COULD RESULT IN ACCIDENTAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY.

Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
Reach under the outboard side of the steering column opening in the instrument panel to access the instrument panel wire harness connector for the combination flasher located on a mounting tab on the back of the instrument panel armature (Combination Flasher).
Grasp the combination flasher and connector firmly and pull them toward the dash panel to disengage the connector from the mounting tab on the instrument panel armature.
Remove the combination flasher (1) from the instrument panel wire harness connector.

graphic