sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Dodge RAM 1500 4x4 My remote keyless entry wont work. Wont

My remote keyless entry won't work. Won't lock or unlock. Won't remote start. Won't activate panic. When placed into ignition and turned to accessory or on position, all electrical works_ lights, radio, wipers, rear window but starter will not engage.

Both keys same. New batteries Jan. 11 2011. Lately, I have to be closer to vehicle with either key for locks to work.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Let's pull the IOD fuse out for a minute or so. Open the fuse box and find the IOD fuse, which will be in a white plastic holder that allows it to be popped out but remain in position for quick re installation. Pull it out for about a minute, then reinstall it and see if the keyless entry works and if the truck starts and runs.

If this does restore operation it was because the wireless control module (WCM) was locked up. This is the module in the steering column that communicates with the key. The WCM would need to be replaced as a permanent repair.