Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

95 dodge dakota: all ground wires---(problem is ) check engine light

95 dodge dakota---replaced computor and checked all ground wires---(problem is ) check engine light does not come on and truck will not start and has no fire to plugs ---can you help
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to assist you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. I have been working on these vehicles for over 10 years so I am very familiar with this system and how they work. However, keep in mind, that I need some solid concrete facts/evidence/clues from you in order to give you a good answer about your vehicle. Please realize that all my answers are based solely on the info that you provide me with.

This is your problem! Your computer is not even awake! Chances are you are missing a power or a ground to the computer causing it not to wake up. The only other possibility would either be a bad computer or the computer is being shorted out by another computer or a sensor.

I would start by checking all powers and grounds going to the PCM. THis includes all powers from all fuses, fusible links and even from the ignition switch.
If you need wiring diagram or a pin out chart of the PCM connectors, lets me know!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what color wires are possitive going to the PCM
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Pin 3 and pin 9.

Here is a pinout chart.

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

have no power to pin #3

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Is this with the key on?

Are you sure?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Check fuse D 30 amp fuse in the power distribution center. THis is what supplies the computer power on pin 3.

Here is a wiring diagram.

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
fuse is good and in linefuse good
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Is there power on this fuse with the key on?

If so, how much?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes power with key on----11.70-----same as battery
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
If this is the case, then you just have an open or a break on that wire from the fuse to the computer. You can just simply run a new wire from that fuse to the computer and you should be good to go!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that was my next question thank you i will try that and let you know
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 years ago.
Sounds good!

I DO hope you found my Answer to be helpful regarding your vehicles condition. IF SO-please hit **ACCEPT** as you read this Answer, in order that I may receive credit for my time, thanks. BONUSES & Positive Feedback Most appreciated!

Please Note: I receive ZERO Credit until & unless you choose to ACCEPT my well thought-out Answer.

REGARDS

AMEDEE