Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics
18617752

Front blower motor out on a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT?

Customer Question

How do you get the front blower motor out on a 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

NOTE: The blower motor is located on the passenger side of the vehicle under the instrument panel. The blower motor can be removed from the vehicle without having to remove the HVAC housing.

• Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
  • Remove the passenger side cowl trim panel.graphic
  • Position the carpet to access the front upper screw that secures the air inlet housing.

• Remove the recirculation door actuator.

• Disconnect the blower motor wire lead connector from the blower motor resistor or power module, depending on application.

• Remove the one screw (from the top) that secures the lower air inlet housing to the upper air inlet housing.

• Remove the four screws (from the bottom) that secure the lower air inlet housing to the upper air inlet housing and the lower HVAC housing.graphic
  • Push the rubber grommet through the opening in the lower air inlet housing.

• Route the blower motor wire lead through the opening in the lower air inlet housing and remove the lower air inlet housing from the vehicle.graphic
  • Position the recirculation-air door as necessary to access and remove the three screws that secure the blower motor to the lower half of the HVAC housing.

• Gently flex the recirculation-air door downward to gain access to remove the blower motor from the HVAC housing.

NOTE: To aid in installation, note the position of the blower motor mounting tabs prior to removal.

• Remove the blower motor from the HVAC housing by rotating and tilting the blower motor as necessary.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 years ago.
  • Remove the passenger side cowl trim panel.

• Remove the four screws (from the bottom) that secure the lower air inlet housing to the upper air inlet housing and the lower HVAC housing.

• Route the blower motor wire lead through the opening in the lower air inlet housing and remove the lower air inlet housing from the vehicle.