brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861
Dodge

2006 Dodge Stratus: blower for the heater will not come on...relay

I have a 2006 Dodge... Show More
I have a 2006 Dodge Stratus. The blower for the heater will not come on. Is there a fuse or relay to replace?
Category: Dodge
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. Yes fuse number 1 in the fuse box in the side of the dash (driver's side) is for the blower motor. This is a 30 amp fuse
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
I replaced the fuse. This did not help!
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a volt meter?
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
no
No way I can say for sure then what you need. If you have some jumper wires you could apply voltage and ground to the blower motor and see if it works. If it doesn't then replace the motor if it does most likely the resistor needs replaced. Both the resistor and the blower motor are under the dash on the passenger's side of the vehicle
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I see you wanted to relist so I will opt out for someone else to help you......good luck
Tom, ASE Master Certified
replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help the best I can. I may need to ask questions to better understand your concern
Tom, ASE Master Certified replied 5 years ago.
If the blower does not come on in any speed and the fuse is good, it is most likely a bad blower motor. If the blower only work on high speed then the blower resistor block is bad. If you have a 12v test light you can check for power at the dark green wire to the blower motor with the fan switch on high and key on. This will verify that you have power to the blower motor and if you do it will need replaced.

Just to verify, does anything else not work in the car electrically?