brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

Dodge caravan 2005 Dodge caravan - crankshaft position sensor__was

Customer Question

2005 Dodge caravan - crankshaft position sensor__was replase several times-check engine light__go on - code Po344-crankshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent (bank1) or single sensor
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is Jeff and I am here to try and assist your with your question. The code P0344 is for the camshaft position sensor and if it has not been replaced I suggest replacing it as normally this will correct the problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
crankshaft sensor was replased several times
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
No not the crankshaft sensor the camshaft sensor they are two different sensors
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im sory mystakenly i did say "crankshaft", but i meant camshaft sensor was replased

several times and check engine light go on again and again with code PO344

Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
OK.....are you getting voltage to the sensor with the key on? Then voltage changing coming out of the sensor when the engine is cranking over?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I getting 4.9 V with key on ,then when engine start cranking nothing is change.,but

engine runs good

Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
When the cam sensor was replaced did you install it with the spacer on the end of the sensor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just put new cam sensor with spacer on the end of the sensor .

After 5 mile engine start skipping then check engine light came on.

Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Are you getting the same code?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The same code is appear ; PO344 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Intermittent

Bank 1 or single sensor.

Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Will the vehicle run with the cam sensor disconnected?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, car is runing with the cam sensor disconnected...
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Well you stated there was voltage to the sensor so check the wire from the sensor to the PCM to make sure it is good. (check with an ohm meter. The dark blue wire with a gray stripe from the sensor goes to the C2 connector of the PCM pin#34 and the Dark blue with a dark dark green wire at the sensor goes to the c3 connector at the pcm pi# 32 need to check these wire with an ohm meter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The wire are good , both of them ...
Expert:  brownjeff replied 3 years ago.
Then the problem would be with the PCM and would need to be replaced.