Richard, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.

Dodge RAM 1500 4x4 how do i remove rear differential on a

how do i remove rear differential on a 07 DodgeRam 1500

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Are you wanting to know how to remove the carrier assembly in the differential or the complete differential assembly? The carrier is the part the crown gear bolts to and contains the side and spider gears.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need to replace the pinion bearing and race so yes i need to remove the carrier assembly
This procedure requires a special tool to loosen the threaded adjusters in the axle tubes. Do you have the tool to loosen the threaded adjusters? The tool goes through the axle tubes and has about a 1 1/2" hex nut on one end. This nut fits inside the threaded adjuster to loosen and tighten the adjusters.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not have the tool but I can be creative unless u have another solution. does this procedure also set the lash when reassembled if so whats the best way to set the lash. Can the tool be purchased through a vender RE: Snap-on or Cornwell Tools if so what is the part or product number

I suppose you could make a tool by getting a proper size nut and weld it to a long piece of 1" pipe and then weld another not on the end so you can use a wrench on it.

Do you have Microsoft word on your computer? I would like to send a word document to you.

I can only send you a link to the info! I can't send it to an email address. Click the following link and click download the file and when it times out, click download file now.

Let me know if you have any problems downloading and viewing the file. I am sending it in pdf file instead of word.