sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dodge What will cause an ABS pump to keep running after the

What will cause an ABS pump to keep running after the ignition is shut off on a 2001 dodge 2500 4x4 diesel The temp. is below freezing and has been for several days and the truck had not been started for about a week.Can they freeze up?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The ABS pump motor is controlled directly by the ABS control module through a permanent mounted relay integral to the circuit board. What sometimes happens on these systems is the relay contacts will stick closed and it runs the ABS pump constantly unless the fuse is removed or the module is unplugged. The ABS module will need to be replaced to repair this problem.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Where is the relay located

The relay is an internal part of the ABS module. To correct this condition the ABS module has to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is the module the motor that is running if so how expensive is this to repair

The motor that is running is the pump motor. It's controlled by the ABS module and the module is what will need to be replaced. I don't have access to a full parts catalog to get an exact price on the module, but I know it's in the $300 range.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where is the module located
Under the hood behind the left battery, right next to the ABS pump motor. It will have two electrical connectors and is held to the ABS hydraulic control unit with four Torx screws.
Experience: ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist