Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

2001 Dodge Intrepid: instuctions to replace the right front fender

where can I find instuctions to replace the right front fender on a 2001 Dodge Intrepid?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.

graphicHello and welcome to just answer. Let me see if I can help you with this. Here are the instructions from the factory service manual. I hope this is helpful, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.

Chris

REMOVAL
Remove headlamp housing.
Remove splash shield to fascia plastic rivets.
Remove splash shield to sill cladding.
First remove fender bolt to lower cowl.
Next drill a 30 mm (1 1/16 in.) hole in the splash shield to access the upper cowl bolt. Remove bolt.
Then loosen fender bolt to upper cowl.
Pull fascia away from fender.
Remove bolts to lower radiator closure panel.
Support the hood and disconnect hood prop rod.
From inside engine compartment, remove bolts attaching fender to upper rail.
Remove fender from vehicle (FENDER).

REMOVAL - INTREPID HEADLAMP
Headlamp lens fogging is a normal condition and does not require service unless excessive or continual. Moisture will vent from tubes or vents located on the back of the lamp.

Release hood latch and open hood.
Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
Remove jackscrews attaching headlamp to body (Headlamp Housing – Intrepid).
Remove headlamp from body.
Disconnect wire connector from headlamp and parking, side marker, and turn signal lamps.
Remove headlamp housing from vehicle.

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This shows, in part how to remove, we need to also know how to install the new fender. We also need to know where to drill as the diagram is unlabled.

Any thoughts?

Expert:  Chris replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, here is the installation procedure and the label info for the fender diagram. The upper cowl bolt is #5.

Chris

1 - FRONT FENDER
2 - TO UPPER RAIL
3 - TO RADIATOR CLOSURE PANEL
4 - TO LOWER COWL
5 - TO UPPER COWL

INSTALLATION
Place fender in position on vehicle.
From inside engine compartment, install bolts to attach fender to upper rail.
Connect hood prop rod and support the hood
Install fender bolts to lower radiator closure panel.
Place fascia into position.
Tighten fender bolt to the upper cowl. Use plug that come with fender to fill drilled hole in splash shield.
Install fender bolt to lower cowl.
Install splash shield plastic rivets to sill cladding.
Install splash shield plastic rivets to fascia.
Install headlamp assembly.
Check fender for flush and gap.

Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience: ASE and Chrysler Certified Master Tech