Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Dodge Stratus 2002 Dodge Stratus- power windows. Neither

Customer Question

2002 Dodge Stratus- power windows. Neither rear window will work. Have tried a second ( and second hand) master switch set, after noting that the relay mounted on the circuit board looked like it may have welded open ( or closed !). Second switch set also failed. I have since destroyed THAT boards relay as well, and it also appears crispy, tho I find it hard to believe BOTH sets were suffering the same issue !? I see ALL kinds of issues with P/W on Chrysler cars, but have yet to find the answer I am looking for. Left rear window motor is 100%. Tested manually. I saw something about the possibility of another "relay", remote from the switch sets, that might tie into the "window lockout " feature. THAT might explain the "rear window only" being an issue.
What is the relay on the switch set PCB for ?!
This one os throwing me, but I have NOT seen a wiring diagram for the circuit as yet.
Any help would be hugely appreciated !
Les G
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name isXXXXX realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me....

Are you looking for electrical diagnosis assistance using a volt meter to test the circuit........OR.........a "most likely" scenario?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Mark-

I guess probably "one ... and then the other" ! I was hoping that there would be a firm "most likely" scenario based on all the failures I have read about for Stratus ( or Dodge ) rear window failures. Seems like there have been enough problems for there to be a common failure mode.

But - if that is NOT the case, then "yes" I would be glad to have a diagnostic approach.

Also- can you TELL me what that relay is for on the master switch PCB?? I was originally guessing that it would be for switching higher current than the actual :base" switches, but given that it is only a 2-pole relay, I doubt it. Is it related to the "lock out" feature. I am so concerned about it only as I have now seen 2x of them that looked like the contacts MAY have been wleded, and I'm trying to figure if its part of my problem, or not.

I should also add that with the left rear motor freed from the regulator assy, the rear control switch would THEN drive it in one direction only ( honestly not sure which), BUT the master switch set would NOT drive it at all, still !? Thanks - les

I think I'll open this question back to the others.....