Daniel, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Dodge technician
17254274

1999 Dodge Caravan: heater/AC..AC blower..the relay..wiring diagram

My 1999 Dodge Caravan heater/AC blower will not turn off. Replaced the relay, no difference. I suspect the relay, but don't know where it is, have no wiring diagram.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Daniel :

Hello, I am Daniel. I may ask you questions, to better answer you. Please let me know if you have any other questions before you Accept.

Daniel :

I would suspect a relay also. the front blower motor relay is the 5th relay down in relay fuse block.

Daniel :

It will be on the left side of box

Daniel :

on the bottom will be rectangled relays dont count from there.

Daniel :

It will be right by battery. I would try the same type relay from another circut thats not important.

Daniel :

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if this doesnt work before you accept.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I tried swapping the blower relay, no change. Whay i noticed is that the blower speed control switch has 5 speeds, the high selector works. The 4th speed and all three other lower settings stay at the 4th speed. I suspect I should next check at the fan speed resistor an dcheck for a short, what do you think. If so, where is the resistor located.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Your right again the blower resistor would be my next check also. the blower resistor and block are on the front passenger side shock on top you will see a connection and it will go into fire wall. and that will be the block but you can take the cover off the top and get to it. Let me know if you need any other help at all.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the connector at the firewall and now just have high and off at the switch. I assume I just need to replace the resistor block to get the 5 speeds. I'm having dificulty removing it from the firewall, afraid to pull on it any harder. Is there a trick to getting it out? Tried removing the top of the dash, but don't have access from there.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Let me review my instructions again.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

yes the default will switch to high if there is an issue or is unplugged.

1. Locate and remove the wire connector from the blower resistor block. Block is located at the back of the engine compartment on the passenger side of the vehicle under the wiper module.

NOTE : It may not necessary to remove the wiper module to access the resistor block.

• Using a long flat blade screwdriver, gently push in on drivers side of resistor. Be careful to catch the inner release tang and gently pry outward. its kinda like removeing a radio. or switch
  • Please let me know if you still have trouble. Click here

Daniel, Dodge Technician
    Experience: Dodge technician