ricardo hohl
ricardo hohl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase master tech / and dodge ,jeep,and chrysler certified thec,with 28 years exp on general automotiv
14457476

2000 dodge stratus no spark replaced crankshaft sensor, checked coil

2000 dodge stratus no spark
replaced crankshaft sensor, checked coil
Category: Dodge
Expert:  ricardo hohl replied 3 years ago.

ricardo hohl :

hi, have you check for power to the coil?

Customer:

no took the coil out and checked at local auto parts. how much power do test for.

ricardo hohl :

ok. do you have a test light or a multimeter?

Customer:

multimeter

ricardo hohl :

ok,lest check for power to the coil .remove the coil wire harness plug, turn the ignition key to on and with the meter in d/c volts lest check each wire on the plug. you should have 11 to 12.65 volts on one of the wires.

Customer:

I have just checked the volts to the coil and got 0 volts

ricardo hohl :

ok how many wires are on the plug 2 or 3?

Customer:

3

ricardo hohl :

ok there is no voltage in any of them with the key in the on position?

Customer:

yes, no voltage with the key on

ricardo hohl :

ok, somenthig is wrong there, can you locate the auto shut down relay in the relay box in the engine compartment.

ricardo hohl :

Full Size Image

ricardo hohl :

Full Size Image

ricardo hohl :

let me know when you locate the auto shut down relay.

Customer:

is it in the fuse access box

ricardo hohl :

no is inthe relay center look at the picture i send you before is next to the air filter

ricardo hohl :

yes in the fuse access box next to the air filter

Customer:

i have the access box next to the air filter

Customer:

what is the auto shut off relay called

ricardo hohl :

ASD RELAY or AUTO SHUT DOWN RELAY

Customer:

ok , thye abs is a 20 amp fuse

ricardo hohl :

Full Size Image

ricardo hohl :

THIS IS THE BOX WERE THE RELAY IS LOCATED. I

ricardo hohl :

is not an abs fuse is a relay a black square box

Customer:

yes

ricardo hohl :

did you find it?

Customer:

the relays in the box tcm, fuelpump,wiper, iterm wiper. air cond relay

ricardo hohl :

you don't see the auto shut down relay?

Customer:

no

Customer:

pcm, abs 10 amp

Customer:

abs 20amp

ricardo hohl :

do you see this box? is this the box you are looking at? #5

Full Size Image

Customer:

yes, but my box is not the same in side

Customer:

i have the box listed as 5

ricardo hohl :

are there any relays inside does the box looks like this inside?

Full Size Image

Customer:

my fuse access box is the same in the lower half

Customer:

it didn't have the uper 4 squares

Customer:

I found it i was in the wrong box sorry

Customer:

the box has 4 relays in it 1 is the auto shutdown relay

ricardo hohl :

ok remove the auto shut down relay and replace it with another relay in the same box then check for power on the coil wires again

ricardo hohl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ase master tech / and dodge ,jeep,and chrysler certified thec,with 28 years exp on general automotiv
sorry had to change communication there seem to be a problem with the original one.