Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist

Dodge Avenger My anti theft factory alarm locked and cannot

Customer Question

My anti theft factory alarm locked and cannot open the doors from the outside. Can the alarm be reseted or unpluged to prevent this from happening?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name isXXXXX realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me....

The factory alarm system does not have control over the door locks. Maybe you have an aftermarket system installed in your vehicle??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have checked that option and cannot find one. On the dash board has an indication of SECURITY and it lights up every time the doors were close.

I checked on the Hiltons Manuals but it only says to go to the Dealership for indications

Ok, so does the engine start and run?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Everything works. Is the issue that once I close the door behind me I cannot open it with the key. It won't unlock the doors either one R/L.

And I don't know that when the door handle was pulled too hard and broken it cause some kind of reaction to the factory alarm system.

But the doors locks cannot be unlock from the outside to get inside.

Ok, so this is nothing to do with the alarm system then, because the alarm system does not control the door locks.

If you can't physically turn the key and open the door then there is a problem inside the door with the linkage between the lock cylinder and the latch.

What you'll need to do is remove the door panel and check the linkage between the handle, the lock cylinder, and the latch.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The keys does turn the door lock cylinder and the door locks seems that they are unlocked but when I try to open it with the door handle it won't open I just replaced the drivers door handle and it looks like that the door handle rod that suposes to push down to open the door it does not long enough. I cheked the passangers side to see if something is missing, but everything looks the same. Now what it does not make sense to me is that both doors have the same problem. The key seems that unlocks the doors but the handle won't reach the clip that pushes down that opens the doors.

Ok, I'm not aware of anything that would affect both doors, so I'll opt out and maybe another expert will have some ideas for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you