brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

1997 Dodge Ram 1500: V8..5.9L..blower..my ac/heater is not working

1997 Dodge Ram 1500, V8, 5.9L, 117k miles
The blower for my ac/heater is not working. It will kick on every once in a blue moon and blow great, either cold or hot. When it's not blowing, I can hear something trying to kick on over and over. Doesn't matter if I set the controls to vents, circulate AC, floor, or defrost. Does the same thing. It seems that the actual AC and heat work fine, just spotting at best blower functionality. Where should I start?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. With it working intermittently it could be the blower motor, the resistor, or the connections. Do you have a volt meter to test with?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey Jeff. No, no volt meter.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Then start by making sure the connections are good at the blower motor and the resistor. Try hitting the blower motor housing with your hand and see if the motor turns on. Also if you have some wire you can run a positive and negative wire right to the motor to see if it runs. If it runs with jumper wires replace the resistor, if not replace the blower motor