brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

Dodge Durango 1998 Durango ABS light and brake light is on

1998 Durango ABS light and brake light is on all the time. Today, the brakes do not work. Could this be a brake fluid leak? If so, can I add brake fluid and then get the car to a mechanic to see if there's a problem with the brake line? What could this be and approximately what would it cost to repair?
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. Yes, check the brake fluid and add if low to see it the light goes out. If the fluid is full most likely a sensor is not working correctly. If you have a good brake pedal it most likely will be fine to drive but no way I can say for sure with out checking the vehicle so it would be better to have it towed to a repair shop as better safe than sorry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I appreciate that, and understand that you cannot, obviously, examine my vehicle to see what the problem is. Would you say the likelihood of spending more than $1000 is high? Because, If I'm going to pay at least $90 to tow, and the likelihood of spending $1000 or more is high, I may just have Volunteers of America come and take it off my hands. You know what I mean?
Normally looking at around $150.00 to $250.00 in most cases to repair a sensor for the system. An extreme case would be $1,000.00 but possible.