Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist

Dodge RAM 3500 4x4 My brake and abs light stays on on das

My brake and abs light stays on on dash
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name isXXXXX realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me....

Ok, be sure and check the brake fluid level since a low fluid level could turn these lights on. The most common issue on these trucks is a failure of the speed sensor on top of the rear differential. The speed sensor is part of the abs system and the abs module will illuminate both lights if it sees a problem with the sensor.

The abs system can be scanned for codes but this requires a shop to do this but the sensor is the most common failure item and is not that expensive.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this truck had line to rear replaced before I got it, I rebled brakes and had drums off to check shoes in rear, the speedometer reads mph, is the speed sensor on rear end do that function?
Ok, if the speedo is working then we can assume the sensor and wiring is ok, so you have no option but to have the system scanned for fault codes by your local shop or dealer.