Stonyman
Stonyman, Ase Master Technician
Experience:  Certified Ase Master, 23 years exp. Pa state and emissions lic. Specializing in Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep
22395976

Dodge Caravan: SE..Gasoline..V6..an used ECU that has the same part

I need to replace an ECU on a Dodge Caravan 2003 SE Gasoline V6. I have an used ECU that has the same part no (P04727319AD) as the one that needs to be replaced. Will this work?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Stonyman replied 3 years ago.

Stonyman :

Hi. It may have the same housing number, but you need to check the software number. They have different calibrations ect programmed into them.

Customer:

How much and where will I get the programming or is it flash.

Customer:

Any answer?

Customer:

If I get it flashed will it work?

Stonyman :

You can have it done at the dealer. I just did the same for a friend. The first pcm they brought me was wrong though and could not be flashed to the apropriate calibration, because it had a california emissions and they had a federal. You'll have to check it to be sure.

Customer:

I was told that this ECU had anti-theft in it and could only be cleared through wiping the card first. Is this true?

Stonyman :

You have to reprogram the vin to the wireless control module with a scanner.

Stonyman :

And make sure the proper pin number is XXXXX it.

Customer:

When you talk about the pin # XXXXX XXXXX the "Sequence #" that is right underneath the Part no?

Stonyman :

No the pin is the key code for the sentry(security) key, if it is equipped. Using a salvage yard pcm can be a trial and error deal.

Customer:

I get it so, I wll need to obtain the pin # XXXXX the vehicle where the ECU came from. My car does not have anti-theft. In order for the salvaged one to work I will need to get the pin. It would be nice if we could dissable this feature in the replacement.

Stonyman :

I think it should work you'll just need to have it programmed at a dealer. The pin is in the skim module (wireless control module) in the salvage van. That should not be an issue. Trans type and engine size and calibration is the key.

Customer:

Thanks for the information. I will get right on it then. I remanufactured one will only cost $169 with shipping from Auto Computer Exchange in FL.

Stonyman :

They may load everything in it with your vin. I would check with them on that. I hope this was all helpful.

Customer:

Thanks

Stonyman, Ase Master Technician
Experience: Certified Ase Master, 23 years exp. Pa state and emissions lic. Specializing in Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep