Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

Dodge RAM 1500 4x4 HO2S heater control circuit low (bank1,

Customer Question

HO2S heater control circuit low (bank1, sensor2)
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 years ago.
Hello, an o2 sensor is broken into 2 parts internally. One is the o2 sensor part that signals the exhaust to computer and the other is a heater. the heater is in place for the computer to warm up the o2 sensor per say/ It is not uncommon for the o2 sensore to keep working but the interanl heater in the sensor has quit, sending a code, check engin light and possible slight reduction in fuel economy. generally, the lack of heater will not affect anything more than noted above. It will not cause engine to run rough nor stop it from running. That o2 sensor most likely needs changed. It is on right side of trans, on the top of exhaust pipe, right after the cat converter #5 or #3 in the picture

graphic
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech, 32 years Diag/Electrical Specialist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do i know if its california application
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 years ago.
Under hood you should locate the vehcile data sticker. It should be a white sticker with engine size and other info on it and maybe even a vacuum hose diagram. Look close at that sticker and it would say federal or Ca emissions
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 years ago.
also, Ca will have 2 converters. One on each side exhaust pipe

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
on a california emissions is the schematic different...parts store is telling me there is a right and left hand side?
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 years ago.
On the ca you have a converter on ech pipe leaving the engine, along each side of engine. On the fed, you shoul only have the one converter on the right side. If you have the CA engine, then the last diagram sent shows o2 location for that which is #8 shown on the left side of engine

Fig. 32 O2S Location - 3.7L/4.7L California
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am having a very hard time getting the O2 sensor ou,t any tips?
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 years ago.
What are you using? what is making it hard?