Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

2003 Dodge Neon SXT: l4 - 2.0L vin c 122ci 1996cc - mfi gas..vibration

Customer Question

2003 Dodge Neon SXT L4 - 2.0L vin C 122ci 1996cc - MFI GAS SOHC
The engine vibration is greater than expected. How do I fix this issue?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name isXXXXX realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me....

The upper and lower torque struts need to be adjusted together to assure proper engine positioning and engine mount loading. Whenever a torque strut bolt(s) is loosened, this procedure must be performed.

1. Loosen the upper and lower torque strut attaching bolt at the suspension crossmember and shock tower bracket.
  2. The engine position may now be adjusted by positioning a suitable floor jack on the forward edge of the transmission bell housing

3. With the engine supported, remove the upper and lower torque strut attachment bolt(s) at shock tower bracket and suspension crossmember . Verify that the torque struts are free to move within the shock tower bracket and crossmember. Reinstall the torque strut bolt(s), but do not tighten.
  4. Carefully apply upward force, allowing the upper engine to rotate rearward until the distance between the center of the rearmost attaching stud on the engine mount bracket (point “A”) and the center of the hole for the washer hose clip on the shock tower bracket (point “B”) is 119 mm (4.70 in.)
  5. With the engine held at the proper position, torque the upper strut to engine adapter bolts to 85 N·m (63 ft. lbs.). Torque the remaining upper and lower torque strut bolts to 115 N·m (85 ft. lbs.)
  6. Remove the floor jack.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Misalignment was my first thought, too. I used a caliper to check it but it is right on the money. I guess that I didn't make it clear that the problem preexisted the replacement of the engine mount struts. Anyother ideas?