Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

Dodge Charger R/T: Hemi..heated seats..cigarette lighter..doesnt work

I have an 07 Dodge Charger R/T with Hemi, the lights to the heated seats blinks for a couple of seconds then go off, also my cigarette lighter doesnt work. What would be the cause if its not the fuse ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 6 years ago.

Vladgmru :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX cigarette lighter is protected by the #18 20A fuse that is located in the Power Distribution Center. Check if the fuse is not blown. If it is OK, check if you have +12V at the cigarette lighter socket with a test light connected to ground. Your heated seats are controlled by a Heated Seat Module that is located under the right front seat . It sounds that this module detects a problem within its control circuits and then inhibits heated seats operation. It is possible that a heated seat element is defective. This system is supposed to be diagnosed with a scan tool. Without using a scan tool we can only guess what is faulty, but it is not a cheap way to replace parts by guesswork.

JACUSTOMER-c0eceapp- :

Is this fuse located in the trunk or under the hood of car ? And the fuse that i checked in the trunk # XXXXX is not blown and is okay. Is there a fuse for the heated seat control also ?

Vladgmru :

The PDC is in the trunk, next to the battery. Yes, there is a fuse #5 ( could be 30A or 40A) that supplies power to the heated seats module, but I am almost sure this fuse is OK.

JACUSTOMER-c0eceapp- :

Hello how are you doing and thanks for all your help. If it is the module under the seat is it very expensive to get reapired ? And does this module control both seats ?

Vladgmru :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX fine it is a nice sunny morning here. Yes, this module controls both seats. It is hard to say whether it will be an expensive repair or not. I have never said this module is bad, any repairs with the heated seats system should start with diagnosing this module with a StartScan or wiTech scan tool.

Vladgmru :

Thanks,Vlad