Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

Engine light is on-air temp circuit high-code-p0073 what sensor is

Customer Question

engine light is on-
air temp circuit high-code-p0073
what sensor is this
Submitted: 3 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name isXXXXX realize that all my answers are based solely on the info you provide me....

This code is for the ambient temp sensor. You will find this sensor located in the center of the vehicle right around the radiator area.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
local auto zone does not know anything about this code-please tell me what the part # XXXXX XXXXX this sensor and where i can buy it-i am in wakefield,ma
I can get you the Chrysler part # XXXXX I would need the last 9 digit of your VIN to do it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
x5d123112
Ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX be offline for a short time, so I will reply back in about 1 hour with your number.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
where exactly is this sensor and what is its purpose-when i erase the code,the engine light comes back on within minutes as if it was a major failure
This sensor reads the outside air temperature around the front of vehicle. The part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you,did you locate the part anywhere near me?

All you need to do is go online to this site and order it through them..........or you can go through your local dealer.

http://www.moparonlineparts.com/PARTLOCATOR/index.cfm?action=multisearch&siteid=214954

Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience: 24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mark,

I punched in the part # XXXXX the site that you sent me and that part # XXXXX not exist

any suggestions?

Ok, I tried some other numbers on their site......and it seems their site might actually be down.

The number I gave you is a good number and they are about $11 through your Dodge dealer.........or maybe try that site at a later date if you want to go that route.