Virtual Wrench (L J)
Virtual Wrench (L J), Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

Need a 2002 dodge ram 1500 wiring diagram and colour codes

Customer Question

Need a 2002 dodge ram 1500 wiring diagram and colour codes to replace a factory deck. Right now, the old on is out, wires are cut and power locks don't work unless the key is on.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Virtual Wrench (L J) replied 3 years ago.

Does this have the premium system with an AMP?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No amp...the wires we have are: 2 thick pink and then the rest are all the same size....black/red, orange/blue, purple/blue, white/black, white/red, lightblue/purple, lightblue/black, lightgreen/darkgreen, lightgreen/red, tan/black, tan/purple, and 2 black/darkgreen
Thanks,

Here is the wiring diagram for the base radio system.

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
what do each of these wires hook up to on a DEH pioneer deck? We have 2 pinks to the yellow constant and the 2 green grounds to the blk, speakers are all matched up and we can figure out which ones which later. Were not sure about where the rest of the wires go.
Hi, sorry for the delay.

Do you have the brwn/red wire connected to power only with the key on?

Don't worry about the pci buss wire.(violet/light blue) or the dimmer signal wire (orange/dk blue)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, deck is up and running....'bus' light is on and the power locks are still not working. What did I miss?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok, so i went to start the truck this morning to go to work and it started up and then shut off!!! WTF!?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm back again and i'm getting closer, I still have no interior lights and the power door locks are still not working. the bus wire was my reason for the truck not running since i had it to power. does the bus wire need to be wire to something for door locks and interior lights to work or? this is the last piece to the puzzle also the two pinks i've got wired together should the be with something else with the deck? Thanks