Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics
18617752

How to replace front rotors on 2006 dodge charger

Customer Question

how to replace front rotors on 2006 dodge charger
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.
  • Raise and support vehicle.
  • Remove wheel mounting nuts, then tire and wheel assembly graphic
  • AWD - Remove two bolts (1) securing disc brake caliper and adapter (2) to knuckle (3).
  • AWD - Remove disc brake caliper and adapter (2) from knuckle (3) as an assembly. Hang assembly out of way using wire or a bungee cord. Use care not to overextend brake hose when doing thisgraphic
  • RWD - Remove two bolts (2) securing disc brake caliper and adapter (3) to knuckle (1).

• RWD - Remove disc brake caliper and adapter (3) from knuckle (1) as an assembly. Hang assembly out of way using wire or a bungee cord. Use care not to overextend brake hose when doing this.graphic
  • Remove any clips (3) retaining brake rotor (2) to wheel studs.

• Slide brake rotor (2) off hub and bearing (1).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
isn't a dust cap,nut,and bearings needed to be removed
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.
You might want to double check that. The above procedure is for the FRONT of a

2006 Dodge Charger V6-3.5L VIN G

Just as you requested...

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

I was just checking on you before I leave for the day. How did you make out? Am I still "Inaccurate Answer" or did you pop that rotor off the way I showed you above??

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

I was just doing a follow-up to see how you made out? If you have any follow-up questions, please ask! I see you have made a deposit, but have not yet clicked Accept. If you need more help, please ask. If you have made a deposit, but have not clicked Accept, you will still be charged your deposit amount. Just Answer will be paid, however, the Tech that actually helped you, Me, does not! Please support the Techs that bring the quality information and services that make Just Answer the great site that it is! If you are satisfied with my answer and feel it has helped you, please click Accept. If you cannot find the Accept button, simply type "I Accept" in reply to this message.

Thanks in advance!