Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2002 Dodge Stratus: cyl..heavy rain..passenger side window wont work

Customer Question

2002 Dodge Stratus. 4 cyl. After a heavy rain and having my windows down, next day passenger side window won't work. no big deal. Decided to look for fuse and found diagram does not match up at all with actual fuse layout. So I began pulling each fuse individually and inspecting it and putting them back. After finding all were good, popped hood and checked thoes and even pulled out relays and ECU (thinking it was a cover with more fuses inside). Well, now my car doesn't start, and that is a big deal. It tries to start "fire up and trun over" but it's lacking gas. Sprayed Ether into the intake on the throttle body, and got it to run for a few seconds. But i'm not sure what to do from here.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Hello!

It sounds silly, but I have seen fuses put back in and were jammed in crooked not making contact to the electrical pins causing a no start condition. Before we get into all sorts of diagnostic tests, I would go back and check all of the fuses under the hood. Pull them back out and be sure both prongs on each side of each fuse are inserted into the socket correctly.

If they are, then just let me know and I can walk you through this diagnoses.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have been thru all the fuses atleast 3 more times. Not having the diagram match up is no help either if they 'might' be in the wrong place. Looking online I read something about a 'asd' relay coud be a problem. But can not locate which one it might be.
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Here is the lay out for the fuses under the hood as well as the location for the ASD relay.

graphic
graphic

Edited by AMEDEE on 8/15/2010 at 7:44 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Got 1st graphic of fuses, but not 2nd, could you try and resend it?
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 years ago.
Sure...

graphic