Richard, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.
18534624

2005 dodge dakota and the airbag light has come on and stays on.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 dodge dakota and the airbag light has come on and stays on. There is nothing under the seat
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
DODGETECH2875 :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!
The air bag light can illuminate for many reasons and I will need to know what the fault code is before saying what could cause this. There are numerous fault codes and without knowing what code has been set, it is impossible to give you an Answer. Would you be able to get the air bag control module fault code read with a high end scan tool?

DODGETECH2875 :

This could be caused by something as simple as a fuse or something more. The first thing you should do is check all the fuses and let me know

Customer:

Is that something that can be done with a fault code reading from Autozone?

DODGETECH2875 :

I don't think Autozone can read air bag codes, but you could ask them. If they can't you will have to see if a shop can read them. You don't need to go to the dealer, any high end scanner like Snap-on should be able to get the codes.

I would start by checking all the fuses, a burnt air bag fuse will cause the light to illuminate.