jeepmopar76
jeepmopar76, Dodge/Chrysler Triple Master Tech
Experience:  32 yr ASE Master Tech,9 yr Chrysler Master Tech, 13 years Dodge dealership service
16831211

2001 dodge intrepid: sets and trans goes..limp in..intermitten..shifts

Customer Question

2001 dodge intrepid p0605 sets and trans goes into limp in. this is a intermitten condition. sometimes starts and shifts great. trans has been replaced with used. trans wire harness has been replaced. tcm has been replaced. pcm has been replaced. relay has been replaced and ran new power and ground sources at tcm. problem occurs after it sits awhile like overnite but after warmed up seems to start and shift good all day long??????
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.

Hello!

The P0605 indicates that the Transmission Control Module (TCM) is faulty.
Replace the Transmission Control Module. The fault is for a internal Transmission Control Module failure. There is nothing external that can cause this code.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
installed new tcm from dodge dealer and set same code. then tried tcm for another 2001 intrepid from my used car lot same thing.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
Then a power or a ground to the tcm is the problem. Just be sure that no other modules are shorting out causing the tcm to go down or off line.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i ran new power sources and grounds and like i said before its intermitten usually hapens in morning after cooled down and then works fine all day long after warmed up
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 years ago.
I can leave this question open for other experts.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Denny; now let me see if I can help you with Dodge question

P0605 is for internal PCM failure, not TCM.

You need to replace the PCM. You say you already did, but it must be a new one from Chrysler, or you will get this code from a used or rebuilt unit..