sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2001 Dodge Grand caravan: engine light came..ZONE RUN A DIAGNOSTIC

I have a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport.
The check engine light came on and the transmission wouldn't shift from what seemed like 2nd gear. Had aUTO ZONE RUN A DIAGNOSTIC AND THE CODE CAME UP PO700. Any suggestions and where would I find this solenoid on the vehiclde if that is what you think it is. Right now it is an intermittent issue. Thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0700 sets in the engine controller when there is a code stored in the trans controller. This one is nothing to worry about, it just tells you to read codes from the trans controller. There was at least one more code stored. Do you have that code number written down also?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
PO605 & PO135 O2 sensor

Ok great.

P0135 is for a failure of the heater in the upstream oxygen sensor. This is the sensor threaded into the rear exhaust manifold. This is very likely the sensor itself that has failed.

P0605 is the code stored in the trans controller, and is the cause of your trans going into limp-in. P0605 sets when the TCM is failing internal self tests. It goes through tests where it writes values to it's memory and then rechecks them. If the data is wrong or missing then the self test fails and this code sets. Nothing external will need to be tested or diagnosed, the problem is internal in the TCM and it will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is this TCM located on the vehicle?
The TCM is located in front of the left front tire inside the wheel well. If you remove the front of the wheel well liner you will find the TCM, a silver module about 6"x6", with a 60-way electrical connector bolted on.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are you positive this will solve the problem and what is the approximate cost of this item?
P0605 is an internal failure of the TCM, nothing else will cause that code to set. A remanufactured replacement module from your dealer will run roughly $2-300, you may be able to find a used one or one from a parts store for a fraction of that price.
Experience: ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist