b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician for over 17 years Sprinter and Viper specialist
13235514

my power steering went out on my 2006 dodge ram 2500 as i was

Customer Question

my power steering went out on my 2006 dodge ram 2500 as i was driving down the road and a pink/reddish tinted watery fluid was leaking out, the gauges never said she was hot but I don't know what could have caused this
Category: Dodge
Expert:  b5demon replied 6 years ago.
which engine do you have in your ram?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how can i tell?
Expert:  b5demon replied 6 years ago.
is it diesel or gas?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it is regular gas and it is a 1500 not a 2500
Expert:  b5demon replied 6 years ago.
ok if the power steering is not working the fluid you are seeing is the power steering fluid it could be leaking from several areas but it is common on those trucks for the power steering cooler hoses to leak
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i already gathered it was the power steering fluid leaking out, where it is liable to leak from and why is my concern so i can either try fixing it myself or if it isn't a "anybody" kind of job I can hire a professional.

Expert:  b5demon replied 6 years ago.
first thing to do would be refill the power steering and start the engine and try to located where exactly it is leaking it is common for the power steering cooler hoses to leak but they are also know to have leaky power steering pumps and power steering racks