moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech Gold level Chrysler Status 30 years dealership exp

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Winshield wipers park approximately

2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Winshield wipers "park" approximately 5 inches above normal bottom position. When the wipers are not on intermittent, they make a full sweep.
I have switched the wiper on/off relay and the wiper high/low relay with another working relay and this made no difference. I also could feel ticking in the relay at the time that the wiper "parks".
Before I change the motor, what else can I try?
The problem has to be in the park switch and it is built inside of the motor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So if I understand correctly, there is nothing else to check? For example, wiper arm alignment or wiring from the steering column.

I just have to change the motor? Or is it possible to take the motor apart and "fix" the park switch?
This is not an alignment problem or they would not wipe from the bottom to the top and you cant repair the park switch it is built into a sealed motor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok. That's too bad.
Since I have had this problem with my wipers, the battery on the truck drains. If it isn't used for a week or two, it needs to be boosted. Could this drain be related to the faulty park switch?
No the wiper park switch would not cause this drain.