moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech Gold level Chrysler Status 30 years dealership exp
13195827

How do you remove the wiper arm from a 1996 Dodge Dakota, 4WD, 3.9

Category: Dodge
Expert:  moparfl replied 6 years ago.

REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION

CAUTION: The use of a screwdriver or other prying tool to remove a wiper arm may distort it. This distortion could allow the arm to come off of the pivot shaft, regardless of how carefully it is installed.

1. Open the hood of the vehicle.

Wiper Arm Remove/Install

1. Unsnap the wiper arm pivot cover by lifting it at the pivot end of the arm.
  2. Remove the pivot cover by pulling it straight out from where it snaps into the wiper arm hinge.
  3. Remove the nut that secures the wiper arm to the wiper pivot.

Wiper Arm Puller

1. Use a battery terminal puller to remove the wiper arm from the wiper pivot

Wiper Arm Installation

1. Install the arm and blade with the wiper motor in the Park position. See the Wiper Arm Installation illustration.
  2. Mount the arms on the pivot shafts so that the front and rear edges of the wiper blade are aligned with the wiper alignment lines concealed in the upper margin of the lower windshield blackout area, ±15 mm (±0.59 in.) .
  3. Install the wiper arm pivot nuts and tighten to 24 N.m (212 in. lbs.) .
  4. Operate the wipers with the windshield glass wet, then turn the wiper switch to the Off position. Check for the correct wiper arm positioning and readjust if required.
  5. Snap the pivot covers back onto the wiper arms.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Part of your pages were cut off on the right side, so I could not ready the answer fully.
Expert:  moparfl replied 6 years ago.
Dont know what the problem is the whole page displays on this end. It may be a setting with your computer.I will try to resend it.
Expert:  moparfl replied 6 years ago.

REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION

1. Open the hood of the vehicle.

Wiper Arm Remove/Install

3. Remove the nut that secures the wiper arm to the .

Wiper Arm Puller

1. Use a battery terminal puller to remove the wiper arm from the .

Wiper Arm Installation

1. Install the arm and blade with the in the Park position. See the Wiper Arm Installation illustration.
  2. Mount the arms on the pivot shafts so that the front and rear edges of the are aligned with the wiper alignment lines concealed in the upper margin of the lower windshield blackout area, ±15 mm (±0.59 in.) .

Expert:  moparfl replied 6 years ago.
I sent it again and check to see if I could view it on another computer.I can see both postings.Can you see it now?