Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

after driving car, turning off engine off i hear boiling noise

Customer Question

after driving car, turning off engine off i hear boiling noise from radiator
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Does your temperature gauge go over to hot?

Do your electric rad fans work when the engine is getting hot?

What model of car is this?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

temperature gauge does,nt get hot

2000 plymount breeze

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Did you just get this car or have you had it for more than a year?

If you had it more than a year has it always done this or just started?

Does it do it if the a/c is off and not on defrost?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i brought car new

yes

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, I asked 3 questions and is yes the answer for both the 2nd and 3rd question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

So, it has made this noise from new?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am having a hard time understanding this when it has done it from new.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry no it didn't start when car was new, it just start
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Is the coolant from the radiator boiling out into the overflow bottle?

Is there any coolant leak that you have noticed?

Where does your temp gauge sit before you shut off the car?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Customer/p>

1 coolant isn't boiling out into overflow bottle

2 no

3temp gauge sit on o

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Sorry where does the temp gauge run? Does it work?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
temp gauge is working . when car runing it in middle of gauge.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

It's getting late here and I have to be up for work in 6 hours, so I will have to get back to you tomorrow!

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i don't have any additional lnfo
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Sorry I haven't had time to get back to you sooner. I am a full time tech during the day and do this after hours.

I assume you coolant is full, is that correct?

The coolant shouldn't be boiling in your radiator if the coolant is full, the rad cap is holding pressure and the engine isn't overheating.

Are you positive that is where the noise is coming from?

Was the coolant low and maybe you have an air lock in your cooling system?

I wish I give you an answer, but when I can't be there to hear the noise and check the system it is very difficult for me and that is why I have to ask these questions.