Richard, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Over 22 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.

Where is the power window fuse for a 2005 dodge durango Owners

Customer Question

Where is the power window fuse for a 2005 dodge durango? Owners manual shows nothing (unless its abbreviated). I was rolling up all windows yesterday at the same time and they just quit (along with the sun roof). Everything else works perfectly.

I found the inside fuse panel and the outside power distribution boxes but nothing says anything about power windows.

help??
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

The power to the power windows and power sunroof are controlled by the accessory relay. The power to the relays comes from fuse # XXXXX in the fuse box in the engine compartment. Click the following link to download and view the file

http://senduit.com/010bdd

I hope this helps let me know and we can go from there!

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks Richard. I check fuse #8 in the 2nd power distribution box (closest to the firewall). Continuity tester said its good. I swapped with another 40 amp fuse (#12) and still no windows or sunroof from any of the switches.

Is there another fuse that works in conjunction with the ACC delay fuse? Other thoughts?

thanks in advance -

J

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

The next thing we need to do is remove the accessory relay delay which is located in the junction block(fuse/relay box) inside the vehicle. Then jump terminal 30 to 87 with a jumper wire and see if your items are now working with the key on.

Click the following link to download and view the info.

http://senduit.com/aad2d3

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Couple of questions:

1. Where is the acc relay delay inside the vehicle? Is there a fuse number for it?

2. I am having a hard time mapping the SW-12 junction box diagram to the realities in my car. On the diagram I see juntion box C2, C4, C1,... but I don't know where these are physically located in the car. For example, I clearly see the ACC delay and terminals 30 & 87 on the diagram but can't find where inside the car these are.

thoughts?

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. You have to remove the cowl trim panel to access the junction block relay. Click here for a picture.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Richard -

Thanks for trying to help me fix my window problem. I ended up having to take it to the shop and pay them to chase the problem down to a relay.

I appreciate your efforts but unfortunately, they were not sufficient to get it fixed so I will not be accepting the answer.

j

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

I would have helped you fix this! The relay they replaced would be the relay I wanted you to remove to diagnose this because that is the relay I suspected was the problem!

I am sorry you feel that my help wasn't "sufficient to get it fixed". I feel I have helped you and I would have helped you get this solved, but you backed out on me and I don't know why??

Edited by DODGETECH2875 on 6/10/2010 at 11:50 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I spent most of the day trying to map the picture you sent to what I found in the car. At that point, it was simpler for me to just take it in than continue to try to figure it out myself.

j

Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Thank you!