Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience:  30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner

92 plymouth acclaim, 2.5..timing belt..distributor..fuel pump..bypass

92 plymouth acclaim, 2.5. It just died, it has done this a couple of times and i have fixed; the timing belt (and replaced the head) for one, replaced the distributor (inside was all broken plastic and bent metal), fuel pump works (bypass test), replaced the ASR. My current codes are no signal from the hall sensor. I have almost given up. The pcm has not been checked, but it is the most expensive of the parts and it seems it is not likely to be the problem... but that is where i need to look next unless i am overlooking something. could this be a loose connection in the PCM or mositure?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

Very often this is caused by either faulty distributor pick up or a faulty PCM . If you've already replace the distributor pick up then checked the plug connector at the PCM to be sure does not corroded or faulty . While the car will not start unplug the map sensor and see if you have five volts on the center terminal . If you do not have five volts in the PCM is bad

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Where is the map sensor, and where do I check for the 5 volts (PCM, connector or map sensor? Do i have any issues with cleaning the PCM or connectors if corroded?

The map sensor is located on the firewall on the right hand side of the engine compartment . Using a volt meter checked to see if you have five volts on the center wire with the key on in the engine off

If you find corroded terminals at the PCM there's no problem at all you can clean those and reattach