brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

2005 dodge ram 3500 torque specification

Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
I may be able to help......What torque specs. do you need?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
head bolts and rocker arm. if you can give a copy of how to install it.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.

graphic

a.Torque bolts to 70 Nm (52 ft. lbs.)
b.Back off 360 degrees in sequence
c.Torque bolts to 105 Nm (77 ft. lbs.)
d.Re-check all bolts to 105 Nm (77 ft. lbs.)
e.Tighten all bolts an additional 1/4 turn (90°)
Cylinder Head Cover Bolts 24 Nm (18 ft. lbs.)

Rocker arms 36 Nm (27 ft. lbs.)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
a b c is the steps right?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
Yes do them in that order and in the sequence in the picture.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay cool.. can i still ask you a follow up question about this matter after i accept answer? if i have an extra question about this matter? is that a new fee again ?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
As long as the follow up questions are in line with the original question there wont be any additional charges. Even after clicking ACCEPT the question will remain open and you can still reply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay cool.. yeah my question will be just related to my main question.. and 1 more question this is for 2005 dodge 3500 5.9 cummins. model right? thanks.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 4 years ago.
I looked it up for the 2500 series but double checked to make sure the 3500 is the same and it is. The information is correct for your truck.
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,