Richard, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Over 24 years of experience as lead tech and shop foreman.

2001 dodge durango: the turn signal flasher located..bulbs

Where is the turn signal flasher located in 2001 dodge durango? My turn signals are not working. Both front signal bulbs were burned and have been replaced. Fuses and relay have been checked and are okay. The next possibility would be the flasher??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

The combination flasher is located under the instrument panel just outboard of the instrument panel steering column opening. Click here to view the location. It is above the vehicles diagnostic connector under the drivers side dash.

The flasher is the most likely cause, but could be caused by the multifunction switch or switch wiring in the steering column.

If replacing the flasher doesn't fix the problem, I can help you test this if you have a test light.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What does the flasher look like? There are three references on the diagram, but they are not identified.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that. #1 is the flasher and #2 is the flasher connector.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I would like to accept, but would like to sign up for one month of service. How do I do that? I'd like to get back to you if the flasher replacement does not work.

All you have to do is reply back to this thread and I will get back to you asap. If you go to my questions at the top of the page you can get back to this thread. I will keep the question open. Don't open another question, just continue with this one!

Thank you,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. I will accept now.

You are very welcome!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do I have to remove part of the dash to see this? Maybe an expanded picture that shows more of the area would help.
I will see if I can find a better picture for you, give me about 10.

It is located behind the drivers side dash on the left side. If you find the diagnostic connector it is above that and to the left. I can't seem to find any better pictures, but click this one and see if it helps

If you remove the trim panel where your knees are(knee bolster), you should be able to see it then.

Let me know if this helps!