sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Repair noise bearing rear of dodge 1500 ram pick-up

repair noise bearing rear of dodge 1500 ram pick-up
Submitted: 4 years ago via Advance Auto Parts.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Can you explain your question a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am needing to replace my rear bearings on my 2002 dodge ram 1500 slt. I took the left rear tire off tryng to replace the bearing closest to the hub and came to find out that I had to pull the whole spindel out. my question is when I take off the rear axel cover and expose the gears inside what is the process i need to do after that in order to be able to pull the whole rear spindle out so that I can replace the bearings for each rear wheel?

To remove the axle shafts you don't have to remove the differential carrier. You have to remove the crosspin in the center of the differential and then you can remove the C clips that hold the axle shafts.

Once the cover is removed you will see the side gears and spider gears in the center of the carrier. Through the center of the carrier is a metal pin about 1" diameter. This pin is held into the carrier with a single bolt from the outside of the carrier. If you don't see the bolt, just rotate the carrier until it comes into view. Remove this bolt and then remove the pin from the carrier.

After the pin is removed push the axle shafts inward to expose the C clip. The C clip is at the very end of the axle shaft at the side gear. Once you push the axle in all the way it will expose the clip which you can then remove the rest of the way, and then slide the axle shaft out of the tube.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i see bolt but i was not sure about removing anything thanks for your help.
You're welcome! If I have been helpful clicking the Accept button will give me credit for helping you. Good luck with your truck!
Experience: ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist