brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

Dodge: Transmission Shift cable adjustment..plastic..bracket..Chrysler

Dodge Ram Van 2500 2000, Transmission Shift cable adjustment, the cable has an adjustment device made of plastic, after you get it loose from the cable bracket what next.? I have tried to slide, pull, push, twist but nothing seems to free the cable up.
Is there a secret clip it this thing to free the cable. I have the Chrysler Service Manaul and it sheds no light on the problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.

Number 5 in the picture is the cable adjuster lock. Remove this to adjust the cable.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have the very same diagram in my Chrysler Service Book that you sent back. My adjustor does not have a smooth barrel as pictured, Is there a tab or something? How do you "remove" number 5
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
It slides on and off.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I went to my Dodge dealer this morning to buy or at least see this cable. I also tried the service dept, but the Transmission Man was not there.

As I said before it will not twist turn or slide. Have you had the experience of sliding one of these on and off?

Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
If it is frozen on the cable then you may need to replace the cable as it should move