Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Dodge: What is the cost to fix the Electronic Throttle Control..55K

Customer Question

What is the cost to fix the Electronic Throttle Control on a dodge Caliber 2008. Millage 55K
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What kind of problems are you having?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The light comes on and off and sometimes it takes about three to four turns before the car will start. reading the manual it says that the light informs me of a problem with teh Electronic Throttle Control System.

Let's see what fault codes are storing. With the doors closed cycle the key from off to on three times ending with it on and watch the digital odometer display. Don't crank the starter, just off to on. The codes start with a P and have four numbers, there may be more than one stored. Write down any that you see and post them here.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I did not crank the starter, no numbers came up. Just the Change Oil indicator and the milage came but up and that was it.

This feature may not work on your particular model. If you can't get it to work then you will need to have the fault codes read with a code reader or scan tool. Almost all parts stores will read codes for free in the parking lot with a code reader now. If you can have the codes read and come back and post them here I'll be able to tell you what the problem likely is and how much the repair will cost.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thats okay I'll just take the car in thank you.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good luck!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Have a great night.