Stonyman
Stonyman, Ase Master Technician
Experience:  Certified Ase Master, 23 years exp. Pa state and emissions lic. Specializing in Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep
22395976

How do I replace the climate control module on a Dodge Caravan

How do I replace the climate control module on a Dodge Caravan ES 2002

Hi. Here is the entire procedure. It's not bad at all. Good luck and thank you for using JA!

1 - LOWER INSTRUMENT PANEL
2 - INSTRUMENT PANEL CENTER BEZEL
3 - CUPHOLDER

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Insert the trim stick (special tool #C-4755) or equivalent between access cover and center bezel gently pry outward.
  3. Carefully pry the access cover from the instrument panel (INSTRUMENT PANEL CENTER BEZEL).
  4. Remove the two center bezel attaching screws.
  5. Using a trim stick or equivalent, gently pry out on the edge of the instrument panel center bezel and pull outward.
  6. Disconnect the wire connectors to the accessory switches and HVAC control.
  7. Remove the instrument panel center bezel from the vehicle.
  • Place the instrument panel center bezel unit face down on a suitable work surface. Take the proper precautions to protect the center bezel from cosmetic damage.
  • If the vehicle is equipped with the optional Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) system, disconnect the infrared sensor jumper harness connector from the receptacle on the back of the heater-A/C control (Heater-A/C Control).
  • Remove the six screws that secure the heater-A/C control to the back of the instrument panel center bezel.
  • Remove the heater-A/C control from the instrument panel center bezel.
  •  

1 - INFRARED SENSOR CONNECTOR (ATC ONLY)
    2 - INFRARED SENSOR HARNESS (ATC ONLY)
    3 - A/C-HEATER CONTROL
    4 - SCREW (6)
    5- INSTRUMENT PANEL CENTER BEZEL

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
    The problem has been is it wont shut if you hit the power button and the variable speed fan will not adjust the fan motor. It just wants to run on high speed even if it is in the off mode. Also can you tell me about how much a module will run and is there a good website to get one from

This sounds like a bad module. We had on like this about 2 weeks ago and a module fixed it.

I'm not sure about prices, as I don't work in parts. You could call your dealer to get an idea of the high price and go from there.